The battle to lose weight is an ongoing one. However, if you haven’t tried a plant-based diet, you may want to reconsider it. A plant-based diet can help you lose those last couple of pounds with ease.
Is A Plant-Based Diet Right For Me?
Deciding to lose weight is a commendable decision. The challenge then is to figure out your next step. Exercise is important, but it only accomplishes so much. At the end of the day, diet is far more effective with weight loss than exercise. This should be the foundation for where you go next.
And where should you go next? Obviously, there are a lot of different opinions out there. You have tons of diets and eating tips to consider. You don’t know where to begin. You just know that you need guidance. That is fair enough. Changing your diet can be challenging. You don’t want to waste your time. You don’t want to cause additional problems. You certainly want to continue to enjoy eating. So, what’s the solution?
This is where the plant-based diet might just be what you’ve been looking for. There are numerous benefits to plant-based diet. A recent study from Nutrition and Diabetes Journal indicates that a plant-based diet could be ideal for a wide range of people. Does that sound like something you could get behind?
Consider A Plant-Based Diet
The study mentioned above worked with thirty-three people. The diet focused on plant-based foods. These included whole grains, veggies, fruits, and legumes. Highly-processed foods/meals were discouraged. The participants in the study were also discouraged from sugary drinks, caffeine, and similar things. These participants were also given a number of additional elements. For example, they were given cooking classes and daily supplements of vitamin B.
The end result was encouraging, to say the least. Everyone who participated in the study lost weight. The average amount? Twenty-five pounds. That translates to three-and-a-half inches off their waistlines. To be sure, more research needs to be conducted. At the same time, there is something to be said for results such as these. At the very least, a plant-based diet is worth taking seriously.
Benefits Of A Plant-Based Diet
Can a plant-based diet help you lose weight? There are no guarantees. However, there are no inherent risks to giving it a try. A plant-based diet will at least have you feeling better from one day to the next. Combine such a diet with light exercise. The end result is likely to be extremely positive.
There are a number of benefits to a plant-based diet. Beyond the potential for weight loss, here are some possible benefits to consider:
- Diabetes: Nearly 400 million people in the U.S. alone have diabetes. A plant-based diet has been shown to be enormously effective against the possibility of developing type-2 diabetes.
- Hypertension: Focusing on plant-based foods can also lower your blood pressure. This can diminish the possibility of developing issues related to hypertension.
- Heart health: A steady intake of fruits and veggies is good for the heart. It can dramatically lower the odds of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Fiber: A plant-based diet is also a good way to get your fiber. This can lower your blood pressure, while simultaneously bringing down things like cholesterol.
- Skin: Taking care of what you eat can potentially help your skin, too. While the studies on this are far from conclusive, a plant-based diet certainly isn’t going to hurt your skin. In fact, many of the vitamins in these things can potentially benefit the skin.
A plant-based diet is well worth trying for yourself. Implementing such a diet is not as difficult as you might think. Spending more time in the produce aisle will help. Meal-prepping can also accomplish a great deal. Start with small steps, if all else fails. You don’t have to completely change your diet overnight. Few people are successful at such a thing. At the same time, you can make gradual changes and alterations. Start buying more fruits and veggies bit by bit. Eventually, your shopping list is going to reflect a plant-based diet. You won’t have to wait very long to experience the benefits of weight loss. You can start on this any time you please.