Table of Contents
There’s no denying that dust mites are gross. These tiny insects live in our mattresses, pillows, sofa cushions, and carpets. They eat flakes of dead skin and some people are allergic to them.
Unlike some other pests, dust mites are difficult to get rid of. They’re too small to see, so you can’t target them easily. And we all need places to sit and sleep, which means that getting rid of their habitats isn’t an option, either.
There are plenty of products on the market that claim to be able to get rid of dust mites. One such product is Breathe Green Mite Fighter. In this review, we’ll explain what the product is, how it works, and what you’ll get when you order it. We’ll also review the evidence to see if there’s any scientific support for its claims, give you a list of pros and cons, and make a final recommendation about whether Breathe Green Mite Fighter is the dust mite solution you’ve been searching for.
What is Breathe Green Mite Fighter?
Breathe Green Mite Fighter are small sachets full of natural essences that naturally repel and kill dust mites. One of the main ingredients is citronella oil. Citronella is the same stuff that’s in those candles you burn in the summertime to keep the mosquitoes away. The other active ingredients are lemon eucalyptus essence and a proprietary herbal blend.
The sachets are small enough to be unobtrusively placed under your throw rugs, pillows, and sofa cushions. The outside is made of moisture-resistant, hypoallergenic polyester. They won’t promote the growth of bacteria.
How Does Breathe Green Mite Fighter Work?
Breathe Green Mite Fighter uses natural ingredients to kill the dust mites living in your mattresses, pillows, cushions, and carpets and to prevent new eggs from hatching. They do it using an all-natural blend of the ingredients we mentioned ealier:
- citronella oil
- lemon eucalyptus essence
- blend of herbs
Many people are allergic to dust mites, specifically to their feces. One estimate is that 10% of the weight of a two-year-old pillow is made up of dust mite fecal fragments and body parts!
According to the manufacturer, most people will notice a difference in their homes within 72 hours of placing Breathe Green Mite Fighter in their mattresses, furniture, and rugs.
Who is Breathe Green Mite Fighter Designed to Help?
Breathe Green Mite Fighter are designed to help anybody who wants to rid their home of dust mites. However, they are particularly helpful for people who have an allergy to dust mites – specifically, to their fecal matter.
How do you know if you have a dust mite allergy?
Some of the most common symptoms of a dust mite allergy include:
- Stuffy nose
- Itching or watery eyes
- Daytime sleepiness
- Inflamed eyelids
- Shortness of breath
If you often wake up feeling tired and congested, then there’s a good chance that you have a dust mite allergy. By killing off existing dust mites and preventing new ones from hatching. Breathe Green Mite Fighter can make a big difference in the quality of your sleep and the way you feel in general.
What Do You Get When You Order Breathe Green Mite Fighter?
Breathe Green Mite Fighter is sold in sets of two sachets. In other words, every order will give you two opportunities to combat dust mites in your home and reduce any symptoms you and your family might be experiencing.
Unlike some products sold online, Breathe Green Mite Fighter is a simple product. The manufacturer hasn’t added a bunch of useless bonus items to justify a high price. You’ll simply receive the number of sachets you order, delivered to your door.
Is There Scientific Evidence to Back the Claims of Breathe Green Mite Fighter?
Every time we review a product we like to check out the research to see if there’s independent scientific evidence that the product will do what the manufacturer says it does. Fortunately, in the case of Breathe Green Mite Fighter, there is substantial research available.
Let’s start with citronella oil, which is one of the two named active ingredients in Breathe Green Mite Fighter. You probably know from personal experience that citronella can help to keep mosquitos at bay, but can it really help do the same for dust mites?
The first study we found compared the effectiveness of the chemical benzyl benzoate in varying concentrations with a selection of natural oils, including citronella. The researchers concluded that only citronella oil was as effective as benzyl benzoate in a .5% concentration at killing dust mites, saying that it killed most dust mites within 30 minutes.
We also found another study that tested various oils. It concluded that cinnamaldehyde and chlorothymol were the two most effective oils for killing dust mites, with citronella a close third. The same study also found that eucalyptus essential oil was very effective at combating and killing dust mites.
A study from 2007 found that lemon oil was somewhat effective against dust mites, although not as effective as tea tree oil or lavender oil.
Finally, we found a study that examined the effectiveness of eucalyptus oil at killing dust mites. The researchers concluded that 80% of dust mites died after a 30 to 60-minute exposure to eucalyptus oil.
The remaining active ingredient in Breathe Green Mite Fighter is a proprietary blend of herbs. Because the company doesn’t reveal its ingredients, we couldn’t confirm any research into its effectiveness.
That said, the research reveals that both citronella and eucalyptus are extremely effective at killing dust mites. The likelihood is very high that using Breathe Green Mite Fighter will greatly reduce the number of dust mites in your home.
What are the Pros and Cons of Breathe Green Mite Fighter?
Because no product is perfect, we like to consider the pros and cons of every product we review. Here’s what we think of Breathe Green Mite Fighter, starting with the pros:
- The ingredients of Breathe Green Mite Fighter are 100% natural and safe to use. There’s no risk in using them around children or pets, although of course you should make sure your children orpets don’t ingest the sachets.
- There is ample scientific evidence to demonstrate the effectiveness of the two main ingredients, citronella oil and lemon eucalyptus essence, at killing dust mites. In fact, the studies we found confirm the company’s claim that you should see results in as little as 72 hours.
- There are substantial health benefits to ridding your home of dust mites, including a reduction of allergy symptoms, improved sleep, and better brain function.
- You can get your order of Breathe Green Mite Fighter delivered to your door.
Of course, there are a few potential cons (or at least, caveats) to consider as well. Here they are:
- Breathe Green Mite Fighter may not kill every dust mite in your home. Most of the results indicate that the active ingredients kill up to 80% or more of dust mites in 30 minutes, but the only ingredient that seems guaranteed to kill 100% of dust mites is the chemical benzyl benzoate. (However, adding more sachets to a highly-infected area will likely be very effective.)
- Breathe Green Mite Fighter must be replaced every 60 days. Over time, the ingredients lose their potency and you must re-order if you want to prevent dust mites from returning to your home.
- Breathe Green Mite Fighter won’t get rid of dust mite fecal matter and body parts that are already in your pillows, cushions, and mattresses. If your allergic reactions are severe you may need to replace your pillows and mattresses and start fresh.
- Breathe Green Mite Fighter is only available online and is not available in stores.
Overall, we feel that the pros of Breathe Green Mite Fighter far outweigh the cons. The fact that the ingredients are all-natural and proven to be effective makes this an excellent and safe product, even for people with young children and pets.
How Much Does Breathe Green Mite Fighter Cost?
By now, you’re probably wondering how much Breathe Green Mite Fighter costs. As we mentioned above, the sachets are sold in packets of two. As is the case with many products sold online, there are discounts available when you buy in quantity. Here’s how the pricing breaks down:
- Buy 2 pairs for $39.95, get 1 pair free; $6.99 shipping and handling
- Buy 3 pairs for $59.95, get 2 pairs free; $6.99 shipping and handling
- Buy 5 pairs for $99.95, get 5 pairs free; FREE shipping
- Buy 8 pairs for $159.95, get 10 pairs free; FREE shipping
As you can see, the price drops down to just $7.99 per pair (that’s less than $4 per sachet) if you order 8 pairs.
We also want to note that there’s a 60-day money back guarantee. You can try Breathe Green Mite Fighter and, if it doesn’t deliver the promised results, you can simply return your order for a refund.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that Breathe Green Mite Fighter is a product that’s well worth trying. We like that it’s an all-natural solution to a very common and distressing problem. You can feel good about using Breathe Green Mite Fighter to get rid of dust mites and reduce your allergic symptoms.
To order your supply of Breathe Green Mite Fighter today, please click here now.