Table of Contents
We all know that we need to eat healthy food and exercise to lose weight. That’s what the experts say. But what happens if you’re sticking to a healthy diet and working out regularly and you STILL can’t lose weight?
That’s a question that plagues a lot of people – and providing an answer is the reason that a personal trainer named Meredith Shirk created the One and Done Workout.
In this review, we’ll explain what it is, how it works, and who it’s designed to help. We’ll also check out the research to see if there’s any scientific confirmation of the claims made about the workout, review the pros and cons, and – at the end – make our final recommendation as to whether the One and Done Workout is worth buying.
What is the One and Done Workout?
The One and Done Workout is a series of 14 simple, 7-minute workouts designed by a licensed personal trainer named Meredith Shirk. They work on the principle of something called Sprint Interval Training, which involves working out as hard as you can for a short period, then recovering.
Meredith explains that there’s plenty of scientific evidence that interval training can ramp up your metabolism and help you burn fat even when you’re not working out. That’s the theory behind the short workouts she designed.
Each workout consists of 20 seconds of intense effort and 1-minute rest intervals, during which you’ll move your body gently while you recover. The total workouts add up to just 7 minutes each.
Who Created the One and Done Workout?
The One and Done Workout was created by Meredith Shirk. She’s a personal trainer, but she’s open about the fact that she didn’t always make healthy choices. In fact, as a teenager, she used drugs and became addicted.
When she eventually kicked her addiction, she says that she “went in the complete opposite direction just as hard.” She learned everything she could about nutrition and health and eventually became a personal trainer. She used her expertise to help her clients achieve their fitness goals.
She created the One and Done Workout to help a client named Lisa, who was 56 years old and already eating a healthy diet. By doing the short workouts that Meredith designed for her, Lisa was able to lose 14 pounds in just two weeks.
Meredith Shirk created the One and Done workout to share the breakthrough she made with Lisa with everybody who’s struggled to lose weight.
Who is the One and Done Workout Designed to Help?
The One and Done Workout is designed to help anybody who has struggled to lose weight even after adopting a healthy diet. While the principles behind the One and Done Workout can help anybody, the people who are most likely to see dramatic results are people who:
- Already eat a healthy diet but still struggle to lose weight
- Have a hormonal imbalance that’s preventing them from losing weight
- Have inflammation or chronic pain that prevents them from doing long workouts
The fact that the One and Done Workout requires only 7 minutes of exercise a day makes it an appealing option for anybody who has struggled to lose weight and wants to have a body they can feel proud of.
What Do You Get When You Order the One and Done Workout?
The One and Done Workout is a digital product, which means you’ll get access to the main product and bonus items as soon as you’ve completed your order. The main product consists of three items, all of which are designed to provide you with the same experience Meredith gives her in-person clients. They include:
- The One and Done Workout Manual. This written manual is the original document that Meredith Shirk created for her clients after working with Lisa. It’s been updated with full-color photographs that illustrate each of the 14 workouts. It also includes detailed written instructions to help you do the workouts correctly.
- The One and Done Workout Videos. The videos are a companion to the original One and Done Workout Manual. In them, Meredith demonstrates proper form for each of the exercises included in the daily, 7-minute workouts. You’ll see exactly what you need to do to lose weight.
- Daily Email Reminders. As we mentioned before, the program Meredith created runs for 14 days. Each of the 14 days, you’ll get a friendly reminder from Meredith to do your workout. She’ll also include a link from the email directly to the video workout for the day.
In addition to the written manual, workout videos, and daily email reminders, you’ll also get two bonus items as a gift. They are:
- Lean Belly Now: 100 Belly Melting Green Smoothies. This bonus book includes 100 of Meredith Shirk’s personal green smoothie recipes. They’ve been formulated to help kick your body into fat-burning mode. They can be used as a pick-me-up at any time of day, or you can add a scoop of your favorite protein powder and use them as meal replacements.
- Ultimate Red Detox Smoothies. This second bonus book gives you 51 red smoothie recipes from Meredith Shirk. The recipes are designed to give your body what it needs to get rid of toxins and achieve optimal health. Like the smoothies in the green smoothie book, they can be used as snacks or meal replacements with a scoop of protein powder added.
Every order of the One and Done Workout includes the three main items plus the two bonus items.
Is There Research That Supports the Claims of the One and Done Workout?
It’s always a good idea to verify the research behind any product that claims to be based in science. Fortunately, that was easy with the One and Done Workout.
The One and Done Workout uses something called Sprint Interval Training. We found a 2016 study that concluded:
Twelve weeks of brief intense interval exercise improved indices of cardiometabolic health to the same extent as traditional endurance training in sedentary men, despite a five-fold lower exercise volume and time commitment.
We also found a 2011 study that said that Sprint Interval Training could reduce hyperglycemia in diabetic adults. There’s a direct correlation between diabetes and obesity.
And in case you’re wondering whether you’ll be able to stick with the workouts in the One and Done Workout Manual, we also found a 2016 study that concluded that exercise enjoyment increased significantly over a 6-week period of high-intensity interval training.
That’s just a small sampling of the research into Sprint Interval Training. The takeaway here is that high-intensity interval workouts like the ones in the One and Done Workout can help people lose weight, get their blood sugar under control, and improve their cardiovascular health.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the One and Done Workout?
We always think it’s important to review the pros and cons of a product before making a recommendation. Here are the pros of the One and Done Workout as we see them:
- The One and Done Workout was designed by a professional personal trainer with years of experience helping people shed unwanted pounds.
- There’s scientific evidence to support the idea that Sprint Interval Training, or SIT workouts, are ideal for weight loss and optimal health.
- In addition to the 14, 7-minute workouts designed by Meredith Shirk, you’ll also get 151 delicious smoothie recipes free with your order.
- Compared to many popular diet plans, the One and Done Workout is extremely affordable and accessible for any budget.
Of course, there are a few potential downsides to consider as well.
- The weight loss results that Meredith’s client Lisa experienced may not be typical of most people and there’s no guarantee that you’ll lose weight at the same rate.
- Some people with serious movement issues or chronic pain may have difficulty performing the exercises at first – although drinking the smoothies and detoxifying can help reduce inflammation and improve your range of motion.
- This product is only available online. Some people may prefer a physical book or DVDs, and that’s not what you get with this product.
Provided you don’t mind reading the One and Done Workout Manual and watching the videos online, we think the pros far outweigh the cons for most people.
How Much Does the One and Done Workout Cost?
Given everything we’ve told you about the One and Done Workout, you’re probably wondering how much it costs. The good news is that the price is very affordable even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on weight loss.
All you’ll pay is $29. For that, you’ll get the One and Done Workout Manual, the videos, the daily emails from Meredith, and the two bonus items. There are no shipping charges because the product is digital and may be accessed as soon as your order is complete.
You should also know that the One and Done Workout comes with a 60-day, money-back guarantee. You can go through the entire workout series up to 4 times, and if you’re not satisfied, you can simply contact Meredith for a complete refund.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that the One and Done Workout is a product that’s worth trying, especially if you’ve struggled to lose weight and regular gym visits haven’t delivered the results you want.